Materials completed between January 2015 and December 2016 will be accepted for the SMPS DC 2017 Chapter Marketing Communications Awards competition.
- Submittal requirements vary depending on category. Read individual category descriptions below for submittal requirement details.
- Be sure to review the official submittal requirements before entering.
- If submitting digital files, please provide a web link or save the files to a USB flash drive, CD, or DVD that is Microsoft Windows compatible and place securely in the folder. Please test the web link and/or digital files before submitting your entry.
- There is no limit to the number of categories a firm can enter. Multiple entries receive a discount per entry off the regular entry fee.
- Entries that fail to follow submittal requirements will be penalized. Jurors’ decisions are final. Winners are not guaranteed in every category.
2017 Entry Categories
1. CORPORATE IDENTITY
Specify identity type on page one of entry form:
- New Identity: A consistent graphic image applied to your firm’s print and/or digital collateral materials for the purposes of a new corporate identity treatment.
- Rebranding: A consistent graphic image applied to your firm’s print and/or digital collateral materials for the purposes of rebranding your firm.
Submittal Requirements: For rebranding entries submit a before-and-after representative sampling of materials that convey your firm’s corporate identity. For New Identity entries, submit representative sampling of materials that convey your firm’s new corporate identity. Both types of submissions may include logo application such as letterhead, business cards, brochures, newsletters, and note cards. If available, the corporate identity manual or graphics standards should be included in your folder as well as web links to view original digital components online.
Specify Website type on page one of entry form:
- External: An external, public websites that either promotes your firm or has been launched by your firm for a specific project.
- Internal: Internal websites or intranets that have been launched for the purposes your firm’s internal communications.
Submittal Requirements: Include Website URL. While judges will visit your site, please print and include in the folder 5–10 pages (screenshots) of your website including your home page. Web pages will be viewed using the latest version of Google Chrome.
3. PROMOTIONAL CAMPAIGN
A comprehensive, multi-tactic campaign that takes place over an extended period of time to promote a specific company message, event, program, or project. The campaign must include a combination of tactics and media—print, digital, or multimedia—and implementation strategies.
Submittal Requirements: Three copies of your promotional plan describing campaign focus and objectives. Submit one copy of any collateral pieces and multimedia aspects of the program. If media relations were a part of the campaign, please submit one copy of releases/media kits/features developed and a list of results. Include photographs of any materials (e.g., trade show display) that do not fit in the folder and include a web link to view original digital format components online.
4. SPECIAL EVENT
Digital or print pieces produced for one-time use to promote a special event including but not limited to an anniversary, new name, office opening, dedication, or ground breaking.
Digital Submittal Requirements: Three copies of a printout of the digital piece and include a Web link to view original digital components online.
Print Submittal Requirements: Three sample copies of the materials. Please send materials in the original packaging if possible. Include photographs of materials that do not fit in the folder.
5. HOLIDAY PIECE
A digital or print piece produced for one-time use to promote a generally recognized holiday; examples include but are not limited to ecards, websites, Web apps, videos, greeting card, party invitation, client appreciation gift, or calendar.
Digital Submittal Requirements: Include in your folder three copies of a printout of the piece and a Web link to view original digital format online.
Print Submittal Requirements: Include three copies of the holiday piece in folder.
6. SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
Any marketing effort that utilizes online social media tools to provide a platform for thought leadership, collaboration, and user interaction. Can be one platform or a combination of platforms.
Submittal Requirements: Include a Web link to view online, three printout of samples (screenshots), and include both in your folder. For blogs and podcasts, submit at least three consecutive postings/episodes for review.
A video created for the internal or external communication purposes, or the sole purpose of pursuing a specific client.
Submittal Requirements: Submit Web link to view online or in original format. While judges will view video online, please print and include in the folder 5–10 pages (screenshots) from your video for their reference during deliberation. Videos will be viewed using the latest version of Chrome.
8. PROJECT PURSUIT
An item or series of items developed in support of winning a project. Materials may be print and/or digital and include qualification packages, proposals, presentations, interview tools, leave-behinds, or other pieces that contributed to the total effort.
Submittal Requirements: One copy of the materials. If submitting digital files, include three copies of a printout of the digital pieces and include a Web link to view original digital components online. Include photographs of materials that do not fit in the folder. Note: You may omit information deemed proprietary. In the notes section of entry form, please note where you have omitted propriety information.